The following information is updated roughly every two weeks. Information is based on the best information available is subject to change. Questions? Please email email@example.com
Last updated: October 7, 2021 | 11:00am
For a larger view or printable version of this map, click here.
- Planning and Communications Support. Develop Nova Scotia’s project team are available for on-site meetings by appointment, as well as meetings by email and phone.
Final Road Work
- There is some work required to fix road shoulders from Route 333 to the VIC (they are steeper than they should be). This work is being led by Public Works (formerly Transportation & Active Transit) and is currently scheduled for the week of October 11.
- Public Works also intends to complete outstanding work on granite pathways the week of October 11.
- There is still some work required on drainage near the new turnaround and we will update on timing as soon as we know more.
- There is some grading work around Amos Pewter that is scheduled to start the week of October 25. This work will be contained to the island and will not block traffic along the turnaround.
- Finishing touches around landscaping and road signage is ongoing and is being led by Public Works. During the week of October 4, hydroseeding throughout the Cove is being completed.
deGarthe Studio and Common Work
- deGarthe Studio and Common Area. Develop Nova Scotia are working on finishing touches to the studio and working with local community groups and vendors to explore a temporary use and exhibit in the studio for the remainder of 2021/22.
- Cove Washroom. The new washrooms in the deGarthe Common remain fully operational into the fall. There has been an adjustment to operating hours as of October 6, 2021 and they are now open from 9am-7pm, 7 days a week. This adjustment was based on community input and observations of visitation patterns (and shorter days) in the fall.
Viewing Deck and Lighthouse Washroom
- Viewing Deck. Lighting on the viewing deck is being completed the week of October 4. Railings, mesh, and cladding for “Area C” of the viewing deck (the area near the new lighthouse washroom) is being completed the week of October 4 and 11. Landscaping around the viewing deck will be completed over the next two weeks as well.
- Lighthouse Washroom. The decking around the lighthouse washroom complete and we’re working with partners to determine an opening date for this fall.
- Opening dates. The viewing deck is expected to be complete in October 2021 and we are working towards having both viewing deck and lighthouse washroom fully open and operational this fall (the exact date is still to be determined). There have been some delays related to materials and supply chain owing to COVID-19 and we will continue to keep folks updated here as timelines shift.
- Peggy’s Point Lighthouse. Thanks to TIANS and the International Union of Allied Painters and Allied Trades, the lighthouse painting effort was completed in September 2021. For more information on this effort, click here.
- Operations Planning. Develop Nova Scotia will be working to establish snow-clearing contracts for Peggy’s Cove for Winter 2021/22. Any interested service providers can join our supplier before October 21, 2021 list through a simple process. For full details, click here.