Lunenburg Waterfront Master Plan
Lunenburg Waterfront, Nova Scotia
Town of Lunenburg, Lunenburg Waterfront Association, Province of Nova Scotia, Tourism Nova Scotia , ACOA,
Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, Lunenburg Marine Museum Society, Waterfront Tenants & Community
With community, Develop Nova Scotia developed a 5-year master plan for Lunenburg’s Working Waterfront.
Projects Under this Plan
Thank you to everyone who joined us on June 25, 2022 for the 18th Annual Lunenburg Waterfront Symposium
View the Lunenburg Waterfront Master Plan (2022 Update)
Learn more about the Zwicker & Co. Warehouse Business Development Opportunity
(Closed January 31, 2022 at 12PM AST)
In 2018, with the input and support of locals, stakeholder groups and businesses, Develop Nova Scotia completed a Master Plan for Lunenburg’s Working Waterfront and was launched in 2019. The goals of the plan are to:
- Improve Harbour Infrastructure to Enhance Marine Economic Activity
- Ensure Wharves are Used to Full Potential
- Create a Common User Shipyard
- Explore Opportunity to Support Ocean Technology Sectors/COVE
- Better Segregation of Marine Industrial and Tourism Uses
- Maintain Ownership of Assets Along the Lunenburg Waterfront
- Continue to Invest in Develop Nova Scotia Owned Buildings and Wharves to Foster Economic Activity
- Establish a Best in Class Recreational Marina for Transient Boaters
- Maximize the Yield Per Tourist, While Reducing Their Impact on the Community
- Explore Opportunity for Enhanced Federal Role in Lunenburg Harbour
The plan is well underway, with a number of projects currently underway or completed.
Click here for the 2020 annual update from the Lunenburg Waterfront Association and Develop Nova Scotia.