In 2018, with the input and support of locals, stakeholder groups and businesses, Develop Nova Scotia completed a Master Plan for Lunenburg’s Working Waterfront and was launched in 2019. The goals of the plan are to:
- Improve Harbour Infrastructure to Enhance Marine Economic Activity
- Ensure Wharves are Used to Full Potential
- Create a Common User Shipyard
- Explore Opportunity to Support Ocean Technology Sectors/COVE
- Better Segregation of Marine Industrial and Tourism Uses
- Maintain Ownership of Assets Along the Lunenburg Waterfront
- Continue to Invest in Develop Nova Scotia Owned Buildings and Wharves to Foster Economic Activity
- Establish a Best in Class Recreational Marina for Transient Boaters
- Maximize the Yield Per Tourist, While Reducing Their Impact on the Community
- Explore Opportunity for Enhanced Federal Role in Lunenburg Harbour
The plan is currently ongoing, with projects currently underway.
View our Lunenburg’s Working Waterfront video here.