The HotSpot Parking app is available for our Halifax waterfront parkers. Stickers are on our meters and the main Pay By Plate signs on Lower Water Street to let parkers know we offer this mobile convenience. (Please note we are offering free parking in our Pay By Plate lots Saturdays and Sundays in December. Waterfront meters are free after 6 pm through the week, and 24 hours on weekends. The app will not process payments during these times, even if the user tries to make a payment.)
The City of Halifax is rolling out the HotSpot app for all of their meters. Read more here.
Quick Points For Waterfront Users:
Standard methods to purchase parking remain; there is no obligation to download or use the app once available.
- To access mobile payment for parking, users must download the Hotspot app
- Available on the App Store, Google Play or Blackberry World
- HotSpot has a $2 monthly fee or $20 annual fee (+ HST)
- Any technical/payment issues should be directed to Hotspot (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This is a mobile payment app for parking providing a new option that enhances convenience in our approximately 750 parking spots
- The app will notify users when their time is close to expiring and offer the opportunity to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Users can terminate a session early and be refunded for any unused time
- Those parking at our lots are not required to use the mobile payment option
- Users can pay for their initial session and any top ups remotely as well if they choose
- Meters will each have their own code. Our four http://developns.ca/visit/halifax/halifax-parking/>Pay By Plate lots on Lower Water Street will each have a code.
- Foundation Place – 3000
Salter – 3001Bishop’s Landing – 3002Cunard – 3003
- If someone receives a parking ticket, it will not be a mobile ticket. Paper tickets will continue to be issued.
- More than 1,400 City of Halifax meters will be available on HotSpot (any City owned meter)
- More on HotSpot available here.
- Our parking revenue is reinvested into the waterfronts to support family friendly events, public amenities, and maintenance