The HotSpot Parking app is available for our Halifax waterfront parkers. Stickers are on our meters, Pay by Plate machines and the main Pay by Plate signs on Lower Water Street to let parkers know we offer this mobile convenience.
HotSpot gives drivers more convenience when parking by:
- Notifying users when their meter is close to expiring
- Giving users the option to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Giving users the option to cancel their session early and be refunded for any unused time
Quick Points For Waterfront Users:
Standard methods to purchase parking remain; there is no obligation to download or use the app once available.
- To access mobile payment for parking, users must download the Hotspot app
- Available on the App Store, Google Play or Blackberry World
- HotSpot has a $2 monthly fee or $20 annual fee (+ HST)
- Any technical/payment issues should be directed to Hotspot (email@example.com)
- This is a mobile payment app for parking providing an option that enhances convenience
- The app will notify users when their time is close to expiring and offer the opportunity to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Users can terminate a session early and be refunded for any unused time
- Those parking at our lots are not required to use the mobile payment option
- Users can pay for their initial session and any top ups remotely as well if they choose
- Meters will each have their own code. Our Pay By Plate lots on Lower Water Street will each have a code.
- Foundation Place – 3000
Salter – 3001Bishop’s Landing – 3002
- If someone receives a parking ticket, it will not be a mobile ticket. Paper tickets will continue to be issued
- HotSpot is also available for City of Halifax parking
- More on HotSpot available here
- Our parking revenue is reinvested into the waterfronts to support family friendly events, public amenities, and maintenance