November 25, 2020 – Halifax, Nova Scotia: Discover Halifax and Develop Nova Scotia have announced changes to the Evergreen Festival, a four-week outdoor festival set to kick-off November 28 to December 20, 2020. For safety reasons, most in-person aspects of the event have been cancelled and other elements will be offered online.
Nova Scotians can support local businesses by shopping the online market and enjoy local performances from the comfort of their own home. They can also enjoy a safe stroll to take in the holiday lights in downtown Halifax and along the waterfront.
“Safety has always been a priority in our plan, and we have adapted the Evergreen festival while still celebrating the diversity of our culture and supporting local businesses” said Gordon Stevens, Chief Operating Officer and VP Finance for Develop Nova Scotia. “We have had strong support from local businesses, partners and associations and we are grateful. This will help us create a strong foundation for a sustainable holiday event next year.”
Overview of changes:
- All live, in-person performances are cancelled. Jazz East Rising Association will live-stream performances to bring holiday cheer right to people’s homes. The complete Evergreen Screen line-up will be shared on social media.
- Fire pit pods and picnic tables are cancelled. Ticket holders will get a full refund through Jazz East Rising.
- The Evergreen Market has moved to online-only. Several local businesses are offering their products for sale on the website. Early holiday orders are encouraged.
- Soups & Sips is on hold although people are encouraged to support local restaurants by ordering take-out and delivery, if they are comfortable doing so.
- Evergreen Getaways & Stays will encourage residents who wish to do so to enjoy the comfort and warmth of local hotels.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Evergreen Festival website evergreenfestns.com or follow @evergreenfestns.com on social media.
About Discover Halifax – Discover Halifax is non-profit, membership-based marketing and sales organization in partnership with the Halifax regional government, the Hotel Association of Nova Scotia and participating industry members. Since its inception in 2002, Discover Halifax’s goal is to promote Halifax as a destination of choice for leisure and business travellers.
About Develop Nova Scotia – Develop Nova Scotia is a Crown Corporation that works with partners and communities to attract people to Nova Scotia to live, work, invest and visit. By investing in infrastructure, properties and programs that build on the compelling natural advantages of the province, Develop Nova Scotia enables strategic economic infrastructure to support inclusive economic growth in Nova Scotia.
Monica MacLean, Janine Basha,
Communications Director Manager, Content & Digital Strategy